Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts: The Crossroads Edition


Lately I've fallen in book-love with Christine at Bookishly Boisterous.  She does a fun segment called Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts so I'd thought I'd join this week.  Behold, 10 things:

1.  I've never seen the movie Crossroads with Britney Spears, but I wanted to see it so badly when I was a kid!  Alas, my mom thought Brit Brit was a bad influence.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/Crossroads_poster.JPG

2.  Despite my lack of 2002 MTV movie knowledge, I am at somewhat of a crossroads personally.  By now it's out that my husband and I are moving to New Orleans in May, and I have all the feels about it.  Mostly, I am excited beyond measure.  But also I am sad.  And anxious.  And so far jobless come May.  Our families are here, and they are wonderful.  It seems a little nuts to be leaving them, along with my secure job, for the great unknown.  But if we're ever going to do it, now's the time.

3.  Due to my personal crossroads of late, the Parks and Rec finale made me cry even harder than I would have normally.  Parks and Rec had become my favorite show, and the finale was just so, so perfect and lovely.  I felt like I was losing friends.


http://www.glamour.com/images/entertainment/2015/02/parks-and-rec-finale-w724.jpg

4.  I am almost finished with Openly Straight by Bill Konigsberg.  Best book I've read this year.  I'm so invested in the characters and never want to put it down.

5.  For the Adolescent Lit class I'm in I'm supposed to be doing an action research project, but I haven't actually started the research yet.  This brings me to 6...

6.  I have SO. MUCH. WORK. to do before graduation.  Every time I think about it I have to pop an Ativan.  Three classes, two comprehensive exams, and my full time job.  May, come quickly.  But also slowly because I'm already behind.

7.  Here's a photo of my classroom library before I had to take away the comfy chairs (intense disciplinary action, I know): 




8.  Here it is now: 


9.  So often I complain about reading boring books for my major, but I've actually discovered two of my favorite books through lit classes:  My Ántonia and All the King's Men.

10.  My dog is so cute, y'all, like so cute.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating and for the kind words! And your dog is ridiculously adorable. Puppies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to post a more updated photo of her! All the new ones are just taken on my phone so they're not as good. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete